Re: [HOn3] class 60 and the Silverton RR # 100

  • SCPantera@AOL.Com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
      Patience is cheap and I have a lot of that. I know it will take a lot of
      modification on the engine, the tender is minor. It's difficult to tear down the
      278 when it looks so good. I guess that's why a kit, whether it be all brass
      or a combination of plastic, white metal and brass would be easier to deal
      with. I know that the parts to modify are available, it's just that first
      venture into the unknown world of disassembly that is the hardest.

      Bill

    • john vivian
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
        Bill;
        Try to get a look at one of PSC's new C-16 kits.
        Basicly the production model un-assembled. No written
        instructions, just pictures of built up model in
        various stages of assembly. Looks like a great place
        to start and avoid attacking a complete model. Will be
        watching Gazette for Mal's articles as I would hope
        his written infor will assist in at least knowing
        where to put some of the parts. Early TOC C series
        sure look sharp in those early photos.
        My 2.5 cents, Happy Modeling JOHN V>8-)

        http://messenger.yahoo.com/