Re: PSC C-16 Update

  • szczowicz
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
      Jim and Duncan,

      Thanks for spending the time on the C-16 appraisals. I suspect many
      of us are unable to drop into our local model shop and buy sight
      unseen so we have to rely upon reviews like yours or reputation.
      Worst still is when buying from overseas there is an automatic
      import duty plus sales tax on both the item and postage which is
      virtually impossible to claim back if goods have to be returned for
      repair or exchange (an item costing $500 will incur duty entering
      England of $155) and having had that experience twice I tend to be
      ultra careful with what I buy.
      I recently bought a last run PSC K-37 as well as a couple of PSC C-
      19's - perfect in every way. But, like others I suspect, I became
      wary when PSC's C-21 run proved to have 'difficulties'. So it is
      good to hear that some of the concerns surrounding the C-16 can be
      easily overcome or don't exist at all. I wasn't going to buy one as
      I have a couple of nice running Westside C-16's but having read your
      reports I think I may well change my mind.

      Mark Kasprowicz

      PS Jim, loved the winter scene in this edition of the Gazette. I've
      been thinking along that route for a corner of my railroad. That
      photo convinced me.
    • duncan harvey
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
        Brian,

        Caboose Hobbies has two models in store stock, the last I heard. That
        was as of Monday of last week. I don't know which ones they have. I think
        one is a 268 with the logo - not the flying Grande. Hope this helps.

        Duncan
      • Dunlevy, Bruce
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
          There is a PSC C-16 listed on eBay right now. It is the No. 278. It is at:

          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
          <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=484&item=5901670608&
          rd=1> &category=484&item=5901670608&rd=1

          It has no bids yet. Starting price is $400.00.

          Bruce

        • Dunlevy, Bruce
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
            There is a PSC C-16 listed on eBay right now. It is the No. 278. It is at:
            <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=484&item=5901670608&
            rd=1>
            It has no bids yet. Starting price is $400.00.
            Bruce

            Honeywell
            Bruce E. Dunlevy
            Metropolis, IL 62960