Re: [HOn3] Westerfield vs. Sunshine Models Kits

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2004
      Jay Cohen wrote:

      >I know most of us here are mainly into 3 footers or even 2 footers,
      >but I also dabble a little in HO standard. I am wondering if anyone
      >has built any of the Sunshine Models kits ? How do they compare to
      >the Westerfield kits ? Any help would be much appreciated. thanks,
      >Jay, Boyce, Virginia

      Hi Jay -

      I've built kits from both Sunshine and Westerfield. Both are about the
      same - well thought out, good materials, good instructions, nice models.

      Jim Vail

      >HOn3 list web pages are:
      >http://www.railwayeng.com/hon3/
      >
      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Harold Huber
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2004
        Jay,
        Without a doubt, Sunshine is tops, but they are a narrow field he makes them to his likes. I have built both and not to berate Westerfield because they are great too, but I like Sunshine better they are detailed great and he has filled a niche that no one else was doing. They both go together the same. A little side note Sunshine builds the original and enters it into a contest then builds the molds for resin casting. By the way he usually wins when entered into a contest.
        Harold Huber
        Dugway, UT