Re: [HOn3] ah, youth.

  • petergtuttle@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2004
      In high school (1963-67) I superdetailed and converted three brass engines,
      then later sold them while in college to buy a motorcycle. I would love to
      know what became of these models, if any of you have seen them. They were:

      RGS #25 converted from a PFM #20. Steam dome from a Ken Kidder Buchanan
      4-4-0.
      Kemtron C-16 pilot, smokebox front, stack, cab interior panels cut down from
      Kemtron single-panel cab. Tender floor cut out enlarged for a German orange
      plastic motor with gearhead reduction.

      RGS # 455 After the Wreck from a PFM K-27. Outboard slanting cylinders from
      a PFM K-28, zamac cab cut down from an MDC 0-6-0, front cab doors open, new
      brass roof, cab back. Tender shell from an Athearn USRA 0-6-0.

      D&RGW C-21 superdetailed from the Balboa model. Kemtron C-16 pilot, smokebox
      front, steam dome, stack. Cab front door openings filed out. Fabricated
      brass cab doors in open position (both front and back of cab) . Tender deck cut
      out and brass bunker fabricated. Kemtron Simplex tender trucks.

      I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who's seen these models.

      Pete Tuttle