Re: HOn3 MDC 2-8-0 kitbashing

  • Richard V. West
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
      Listers:

      There's a well-illustrated and comprehensive article on lowering and detailing both MDC HOn3 2-8-0 types by James Eakin in the October 1979 Model Railroader, pp. 79-81. Also Norman Suydam has an article online about modifying the MDC outside frame 2-8-0 to resemble the C-25 class D&RGW #375. It's at www.railway-eng.com/hon3/suydam.htm. The Steve Hatch article at railway-eng.com has already been mentioned.

      Richard West
      Seattle

    • Steffen
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
        Do not forget Bob Sloans convesrsiom into a K 27.

        Resin frame exztentions are availbale from Stoner Creek. A complete
        conversion kit ( with new motor and fylwheel of course) will follow
        soon (When I have enough time to redo the masters for boiler and cab
        after last years flooding)

        Steffen