numbers

  • dllarson@swfla.rr.com
    Message 1 of 50 , Jul 2, 2003
      >>I would think for
      instance there are more bird watchers than model rr's! I would almost bet
      that
      there are more gun and stamp collectors than all combined model rr's! >>

      ----- I think Bill is close to the mark on hobbies and popularity. I
      recently read about the huge numbers of bird watchers world wide and the
      fact that SW Florida Visitor and Tourist bureaus were specifically marketing
      this area to them. They quoted a huge, almost unbelievable number (which is
      why I forgot it, I suppose).
      As a teenager, collecting stamps for awhile, I recall that hobby being
      promoted as the world's largest.
      But none can compare for the diversity and may different talents model
      railroading encourages.
      Dennis
      Cape Coral, FL
    • dllarson@swfla.rr.com