Re: [HOn3] MDC 2-8-0 OF counterweights

  • Kenneth Rickman
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2003
      ** Reply to note from "shay432003" <shay432003@...> Mon, 05 May 2003 15:07:00 -0000

      I can't answer your question regarding the re-gear kit, but I do have a little
      expereince with the counterweights. I have built three of these kits, with the same
      results you've been getting. On one, I opted for the smaler plastic cranks, as the
      simplest solution. On the other wto, I VERY CAREFULLY opened the holes in the weights
      (do not touch the axles) with a set of needle files and an X-acto blade. With care,
      the quartering can be maintained. In any case, the holes in the side rods have enough
      slop to handle a little variation anyway.

      Good luck,
      Kenneth Rickman

      > I have an MDC 2-8-0 kit I would like to use the large counterweights on,but have
      > not been able to install without damaging them.Could someone please tell me how
      > they have done this. I was told the NWSL regear kit would not fit the newer
      > 2-8-0.Will it work with some modifications if this is true? Any help would be
      > appreciated greatly.

      ---
      [ This E-mail scanned for viruses by www.WebKorner.com ]
      [ Now offering High Speed Internet Access - Get Caught Speeding! ]
      [ Free Modem, Free Installation, Free Activation - Call Today! ]