Re: Locomotive Question

  • Steffen <hobosteve@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2003
      I would prefer the PSC/WSM Nakamura it has the correct cab (round
      front corners) lots of fine detail and runs very well even out of the
      box. The originla Nkamiki coreles motor does not like to much voltage
      and burns out fast, but motor could be easily (screw in)replaced with
      a better one with fylwheel (look at my website at www.stonercreek.de
      for details)

      The SS is also a well running engine but it has wrong straight front
      cab corners and is lacking much detail. Could also easly be remotored
      for better performance.

      If you not want to spend $ 1300 for a DP the Nakamura is the best
      choice and if the motor is worse for an add $ 75 you can get a
      Faulhaber micromotor + fylwheel from me to remotor her

      Steffen
      Stoner Creek Miniatures

      --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew C. Conway <andrew@l...>"
      <andrew@l...> wrote:
      > I am looking to buy my first HOn3 steam. I am looking at a Sunset
      K-