Re: [HOn3] Berlyn Mason Bogies

  • Michael Bauers
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
      Jim Vail wrote:

      >>I had my Berlyn Bogie opened up when I installed a rear coupler (had to cut the back of the rear truck frame I think). As I remember the axle gear was as large as they could get - and there wasn't much room in the boiler for a double reduction. This is going to be a tough remotor/regear job. I sure would like to see it done - and an article on how it was done. For now mine serves as a neat display train!

      If that's a fast running motor in there, you just have to replace with a
      slower running motor instead.

      You might like to check out the hand sized motor tach's sold in RC hobby
      shops. I bought one for the bench and future work. They are great tools,
      handy for testing an original motor in a case like this.

      --
      Regards,
      Mike Bauers