RE: Remotoring a K-27

  • Jerry Clark
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 5, 2002
      >Subject: Remotoring a K-27
      >
      >Good news recently go my paws on a late 1950's United K-27.
      >Bad news, dead
      >spot on the motor. Would like to replace with an original
      >Pittman open frame
      >but I know the odds of finding one are slim. Any suggestions
      >on what to use?

      Why would you want to remotor it with that slug of an open frame motor?
      There's plenty of room to install a hulking can motor, or better yet,
      contact Steffen Rosmus and order one of his Faulhaber micromotors with a
      gearhead. I recently removed a can motor from my PFM and installed one
      of Steffen's motors with a special 6.3:1 gearhead. It really crawls.

      Jerry Clark
    • Steffen
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 6, 2002
        I would not use the original motor ( only if you are shelf collector)
        because performance is odd. Try one of me remotoring kits and it will
        run great. Check out @...

        Steffen

        --- In HOn3@y..., dhelec@a... wrote:
        > Good news recently go my paws on a late 1950's United K-27. Bad
        news, dead
        > spot on the motor. Would like to repace with an original Pittman
        open frame
        > but I know the odds of finding one are slim. Any suggestions on
        what to use?

      • tom peterman
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 6, 2002
          Hi Jerry-
          I am also planning to replace open frame motors in old
          United K-27 & 28. Ho can I reach Steffen Rosmus?
          Tom Peterman
          --- Jerry Clark <gclark1@...> wrote:

          > >Subject: Remotoring a K-27
          > >
          > >Good news recently go my paws on a late 1950's
          > United K-27.
          > >Bad news, dead
          > >spot on the motor. Would like to replace with an
          > original
          > >Pittman open frame
          > >but I know the odds of finding one are slim. Any
          > suggestions
          > >on what to use?
          >
          > Why would you want to remotor it with that slug of
          > an open frame motor?
          > There's plenty of room to install a hulking can
          > motor, or better yet,
          > contact Steffen Rosmus and order one of his
          > Faulhaber micromotors with a
          > gearhead. I recently removed a can motor from my
          > PFM and installed one
          > of Steffen's motors with a special 6.3:1 gearhead.
          > It really crawls.
          >
          > Jerry Clark

          HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
          http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
        • Steffen
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 6, 2002
            Tom,
            you can contact me @ steffenrosmus@... or @ info@...

            Steffen
            www.Stonercreek.de
          • john vivian
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 6, 2002
              Steffen:
              Have Durango Press in stock in store, most everything,
              we are direct dealers, so will try to help if you need
              it.
              Delayed with resin roofs, expect this week. Had
              election here yesturday, so prep last week whiped out
              production. Just too much for one person to do.
              Have not forgotten you, not remotor kits, just time is
              short.
              More later. JOHN V>8-)