Re: [HOn3] HOn3 Brass Locomotive upgrade-painters

  • HOn3MRR@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2002
      In a message dated 10/1/02 2:42:50 AM Central Daylight Time,
      aidrian.bridgeman-sutton@... writes:

      > It's not an unreasonable figure for painting a steam loco.

      Hi All.........

      I have to agree with this, AND you also can factor in the cost airbrush,
      compressor, paint booth, paint, shop supplies plus the electricty, if you are
      contemplating doing the job yourself!

      Adrians second coment is also very true........Ya want cheap go down to Home
      Depot and buy a can of the flat black BBQ paint, put your $1000 model on a
      card board box on the picnic table in the back yard on Sat afternoon and have
      at it.....Don't worry you can clean off those flying dirt and dust globs,
      when you get out your pocket knife and scrape the paint off of the tires for
      good electrical contact!

      Bill Martin
      San Antonio, Texas
      Presque Isle Northern RR