  • hatch@xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 1999
      Subject: [HOn3] - hon3 Digest - V01 #617
      To: "HOn3" <hon3@...>

      hon3 Digest Fri, 26 Mar 1999 00:01:39 +0700 V01 #617

      Today's topics:
      'Re: [HOn3]: Mrs. Skillens Store,etc'
      'Re: [HOn3]: SRR?'
      'Re: [HOn3]: Tractive Effort Formulae'
      'Re: [HOn3]: C19 kit'
      'Re: [HOn3]: Re:layout plan(bit long)'
      'Re: [HOn3]: White metal solder was Proposed C19 kit - Questions'
      'Re: [HOn3]: C19 kit'

      Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 21:06:12 -0600
      From: "Frank Watson" <snows@...>
      Subject: Re: [HOn3]: Mrs. Skillens Store,etc

      The current Gazette reflects the talents of this listserve (that does not
      include myself).
      Steve Harris, nice job on Mrs. Skillens Store.
      Jim Vail, thanks for solving a "problem spot" on my layout with the
      half bridge... so simple when the right person gets to the problem.
      Boone Morrison, All those little right angles are bench items that I would
      not be without. I was lucky and had a friend in tool and die work so he
      made me a couple of dozen , both inside and outside and also a "flat" plate
      of 1/2 inch steel aboutt 12 x 10.. Magnets will hold them all in place.
      the only way to work.

      Breathes there a modeler with sole so dead that never to himself hath he
      said " danm it I quit!!"
      That is the feeling tonight after wiring in the back half of Red Mountain
      and finding I crossed the color code...

      Frank (klutz) Watson

      Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 21:35:48 -0600
      From: twill <jusnow@...>
      Subject: Re: [HOn3]: SRR?

      SRR Folks,
      Yes, Bruce has done quite a bit of research on the SRR. He was the one who
      asked me to put together a start on a bibliography, which I did. Unfortunately,
      he is apparently busy with other things. That was over two years ago, and I
      can't get him to respond. Did see him at the NG convention, and he says he is
      still interested, but....
      I also mentioned this mailing list, but he said he had too many other lists,
      emails, etc. to start with this one as well.
      And, your are absolutely right - he has done some outstanding photographs!
      Ed Dorroh

      Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:07:44 EST
      From: HOn3MRR@...
      Subject: Re: [HOn3]: Tractive Effort Formulae

      Hi Rick......NOT wanting to start some flaming Bosnia war but,

      Ummmmmmm....... Operate protypically..........Do we now take out the little
      electric motors and replace them with coal or oil loads and little wee
      firemen and engineers?

      Somewhere we MUST come to grips that we are modelers and are supposed to be
      really ENJOYING our HOBBY.

      Bill Martin

      Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:25:34 EST
      From: HOn3MRR@...
      Subject: Re: [HOn3]: C19 kit

      Thanks Roger.....

      But do you take American Express???????????

      Bill Martin

      Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:34:52 EST
      From: HOn3MRR@...
      Subject: Re: [HOn3]: Re:layout plan(bit long)

      AND where are the CHICKENZ!

      Bill Martin

      Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:33:50 EST
      From: HOn3MRR@...
      Subject: Re: [HOn3]: White metal solder was Proposed C19 kit - Questions

      Ummmmm...soldering "white metal" mabey it's just a lost art, but I think if
      we can "glue" tiles onto a space shuttle (thats a rocket ship in Texas) to
      facilitate reentry, can't we start to think about "gluing" together our
      models. There are some wonderful "space age" products available, including
      Goop Annie!

      Bill Martin

      Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 01:09:15 EST
      From: CRISP37@...

      Thank you for two very informative messages. I originally stated that I would
      be interested in one, however I may change that to two.
      Keep up the good work.
      Cris Park

      End of hon3 Digest V01 #617