Re: [HOn3] Marble Quarry Photos

  • razman23@juno.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2001
      Rick,

      Here is the basis of why I posted the pics. They are originally in the
      Denver Public Library. So I have posted below their rules on publishing
      the pics:
      Copyright and Restrictions
      The following statement is made by the Denver Public Library, the owner
      of the original materials reproduced here.
      The Denver Public Library encourages use of these materials under the
      fair use clause of the 1976 copyright act. All images in this collection
      may be used for educational, scholarly purposes and private study. A
      credit line must be included with each item used.
      Credit Line:
      Western History/Genealogy Department, Denver Public Library
      If you wish to publish or reproduce the materials in any physical or
      digital form beyond that permitted by fair use or use them for any
      commercial purpose, including display or Web page use, you must obtain
      prior written permission from the Denver Public Library.

      As you can see, it states that I can use these pics IF I only use them as
      educational, scholarly purposes and private study. I posted them on the
      Group's site for the group to use as such. I am not charging or will
      charge anybody for these pics. I refer to the last sentence above. Nobody
      is making any money from this, I posted it only for educational purposes
      only.

      Concerning the listing the web page's addresses, I already had the pics
      on my hard drive. For me to go through the LOC to find each pic's address
      would take me just as long as finding them the first time. So I posted
      them.

      If the Moderator (I don't know who he/she is) thinks I have made an
      error, please let me know and I will correct or remove the pics. Please
      Advise.

      I know I need to give credit to the Denver Library for the pics.

      On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 20:50:25 -0700 Rick & Katy Blanchard
      <rick@...> writes:
      raz,

      Two things - if these are from the LOC you need to ask permission to
      republish them elsewhere. If they are available on the web why didn't
      you just list the addresses instead of republishing them?

      Rick

    • Payne,Brett
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2001
        Guys,
        As suggested I think posting these photos is okay as our list is not public
        and we are using them for non-profit / educational purposes. However to
        ensure errors don't occur, the essence of the DPL copyright message needs to
        be shown in regard to their photo's.
        Brett