Re: [HOn3] Moving a FED Axle

  • HOn3MRR@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 3, 2001
      hatch@... writes:

      << I was wondering if anyone would be interested in how I did it. >>

      By all means, tell us more!

      Bill Martin
    • h0n3bob@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 3, 2001
        Steve,
        I would like to see your wheel spacing conversion of the 2-6-0. The modeling
        of the side rods is of particular interest as I have a need of several for
        project locos in the near future. Once again I will wager you will make it
        look easy.
        I may have missed it but I recall there was a proposed build up of MDC's HOn3
        2-8-0. Was there not enough interest to pursue the project? I recall a flurry
        of questions about old style/new style kits and corresponding NWSL gear sets.
        The basic kit and build up would seem to be the same for all. A side benefit
        would be a reference for the new HOn3 modelers who join the list with the
        hotly debated age old question "What about those MDC 2--8-0 Kits?"
        Cheers!
        Bob Burgoyne
      • rick shoup
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 3, 2001
          Tom, tried that once. Will give it another go.
          Just went there. No email add shown. I was trying to inquire
          about a decoder I bought from them that would not
          program. I sent it back on Aug 11 and have not heard anything yet.
          Regards, Rick Shoup

          On Sun, 2 Sep 2001 23:24:33 -0500 "Tom Troughton, MMR"
          <tomt491@...> writes:
          > Just click: http://www.modelrectifier.com and off you go.

        • Robert Bell
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 3, 2001
            At 07:35 PM 9/3/01 +0000, you wrote:

            > I just got through moving the rear axle on a FED 2-6-0.
            >I made new side rods and fixed the mechanism to be smooth.
            >I was wondering if anyone would be interested in how I did it.
            >
            >I could take some pics and post the proceedure if someone wants
            >it.

            Yes again!!

            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 3, 2001
              > >I could take some pics and post the proceedure if someone wants
              > >it.
              >
              > Yes again!!

              Ok. It will take a day or so. I'll post the url when it's done
              of the axle move, frame and side rods.

              -Steve

              The MDC 2-8-0 build is waiting for a loco. I ordered another
              one and it hasn't come yet. Anybody know where I can get one
              other than MDC? They don't have any kits in stock.
              (Do you have one Al)
            • Kenneth Rickman
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 4, 2001
                ** Reply to note from hatch@... Tue, 04 Sep 2001 05:59:06 -0000

                > The MDC 2-8-0 build is waiting for a loco. I ordered another one and it
                > hasn't come yet. Anybody know where I can get one other than MDC? They don't
                > have any kits in stock. (Do you have one Al)

                I've got a number (3, I think) of the 3-in-1 kits they made, with the outside
                frame, drivers, cylinders, rods, etc. It's the outside frame 2-8-0, minus
                motor, boiler, cab, and tender. There is an 0-6-0T body in the kit, though,
                with directions for kitbashing. I've powered one of these usng the
                regear/repower kit from NWSL (old style). I've also got an MDC tender shell
                and frame I'd be willing to part with. I had an inside frame 2-8-0. but it got
                kitbashed. The bolier and cab went on one of the outside frame models (along
                with piston valve cylinders, walscherts valve gear, and a cut-down Cal-Scale
                trailing truck) to make a pseudo mudhen.

                If any of this would be of assistance, I'd be willing to part with a kit or
                two. Donations, help with shipping gladly accepted. All I ask is that I get to
                keep a couple of these kits - I bought as many as I could afford last time
                they were in production about 4 years ago.

                Also, I think the local hobby shop might have an HOn3 loco or two from MDC.
                I'll check tomorrow (Tuesday).

                Kenneth Rickman
              • rick shoup
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 4, 2001
                  Bill, need an email if they do business that way?
                  Regards, Rick Shoup

                  On Mon, 3 Sep 2001 14:16:42 EDT HOn3MRR@... writes:
                  > Hey Rick.....
                  >
                  > Try this site: <A HREF="http://www.modelrec.com/">Model Rectifier
                  > Corporation - Home</A>

                • Robert Bell
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 4, 2001
                    At 05:59 AM 9/4/01 +0000, you wrote:
                    > > >I could take some pics and post the proceedure if someone wants
                    > > >it.
                    > >
                    > > Yes again!!
                    >
                    > Ok. It will take a day or so. I'll post the url when it's done
                    >of the axle move, frame and side rods.
                    >
                    >-Steve
                    >
                    > The MDC 2-8-0 build is waiting for a loco. I ordered another
                    >one and it hasn't come yet. Anybody know where I can get one
                    >other than MDC? They don't have any kits in stock.
                    > (Do you have one Al)
                    eBay.

                    Rob
                  • HOn3MRR@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 4, 2001
                      In a message dated 9/4/01 9:17:41 AM Central Daylight Time, rshoup2@...
                      writes:

                      << need an email if they do business that way >>

                      Sorry Rick....checked out the site and they don't seem to have an EMail
                      address. Seems odd that an outfit like that wouldn't have one in this day
                      and age! Telephone and Snail mail the only ways to contact!

                      Bill Martin
                    • rick shoup
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 4, 2001
                        Bill, I don't blaim them for not having an official e-mail add.
                        They'd have to hire another person just to handle the traffic.

                        Question for the group:
                        As I said my MRC decoder could not be
                        programed by a DT200 Digitrax programming
                        controler being worked by a very experienced
                        DCC member of our club.

                        Who is making the decoders for them?
                        Should the Digitrax controler be able
                        to program the decoder?

                        Is 3 weeks too long a wait period for an answer
                        from MRC?
                        The decoder left here in Sat 11 Aug mail.
                        Regards, Rick Shoup