Re: On the workbench

  • bam2@jahoopa.com
    Message 1 of 105 , Mar 7, 2001
      Well I don't have a workbench per se. So there is really nothing on
      it. I do have my home office/studio. I have various computer stuff,
      fax, printers, etc. on one end of the room. On the other I have my
      watercolor table and an unfinished painting of Joshua Tree. I have a
      25 ton switcher project in the filing cabinet. And my sketches for
      the layout in my planner. Sometimes I also have my target rifle under
      the table in it's case, to remind me if it needs cleaning. I have my
      other train stuff in a couple of boxes under the table as well.
      (Until I take the time to build up the roadbed for the layout
      downstairs).

      Cheers,
      Brett

    • bristolbum1651@aol.com
      Message 105 of 105 , Mar 17, 2001
        In a message dated 3/15/2001 3:45:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        mwbauers@... writes:

        << Actually, never made it to the workbench...... as much as it pains
        me to be humbled about it.>>

        Not a problem. I've been offline for months, so there's been no one to
        prompt you :-)

        << Yup the tender is there. Along with machining of what are key
        parts of a scale HOn3 4-4-0 in several engineering flavors and eras. >>

        That sounds great! Any chance of a D&RG style 8-18-C?

        <>

        Taking this long, you should have the entire 1891 D&RG roster replicated to
        the scale millimeter within a few hours :o)

        << . . . I also work out some useable and hopefully elegant
        HOn30/36 powered speeders. One of them is even a RGS design.>>

        That sounds interesting. Any chance of a scale model of the Ford RGS speeder?

        << As for some of the things I'm working upon..... You even think of
        doing a Free Lanced branch operation to go with the Silverton
        operation for the stuff they never ran????>>

        No. I really don't ahve enough room to do much right now. I may have a free
        room to use sometime in the next couple months. I'm thinking of first
        modeling the Silverton yard and then doing a modular On27-1/2" or On30 Cuban
        sugar cane hauler.

        Thanks for not forgetting about the project!

        Chris Short