Re: [HOn3] On the workbench

  • rgsnut@aol.com
    Message 1 of 105 , Mar 7, 2001
      In a message dated 3/7/01 10:15:27 AM Pacific Standard Time, Rshoup@...
      writes:

      << I'm doing a small scene I first saw on the EBT several years ago.
      That is a tree growing out of a Hopper car partially filled with gravel.
      Old hopper screwed down to layout w a 2" wood screw.
      partially full of sand with ground foam on top
      with a Woodland Scenic Tree planted in it.
      Car has been worked over with a soldering iron to
      make dents and bent parts.
      It is at end of track with big pile of gravel against bumper
      Has weeds and ivy growing up side.
      Lots of heavy dark rail brown weathering.
      I left the coupler but cut off the knuckle.
      Weathered dirty track lots of weeds etc.

      Regards, Rick Shoup >>

      Rick
      Sounds great - got any pics to post for the rest of us to see?
      Steve Z
    • bristolbum1651@aol.com
      Message 105 of 105 , Mar 17, 2001
        In a message dated 3/15/2001 3:45:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        mwbauers@... writes:

        << Actually, never made it to the workbench...... as much as it pains
        me to be humbled about it.>>

        Not a problem. I've been offline for months, so there's been no one to
        prompt you :-)

        << Yup the tender is there. Along with machining of what are key
        parts of a scale HOn3 4-4-0 in several engineering flavors and eras. >>

        That sounds great! Any chance of a D&RG style 8-18-C?

        <>

        Taking this long, you should have the entire 1891 D&RG roster replicated to
        the scale millimeter within a few hours :o)

        << . . . I also work out some useable and hopefully elegant
        HOn30/36 powered speeders. One of them is even a RGS design.>>

        That sounds interesting. Any chance of a scale model of the Ford RGS speeder?

        << As for some of the things I'm working upon..... You even think of
        doing a Free Lanced branch operation to go with the Silverton
        operation for the stuff they never ran????>>

        No. I really don't ahve enough room to do much right now. I may have a free
        room to use sometime in the next couple months. I'm thinking of first
        modeling the Silverton yard and then doing a modular On27-1/2" or On30 Cuban
        sugar cane hauler.

        Thanks for not forgetting about the project!

        Chris Short