Re: [HOn3] file posting - sound.

  • szczowicz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
      Mikes Condor and Cheney
      Have posted the speaker pics in the files section of this list. The photos
      are not the best but I'm still learning how to use this digital at close
      focus. Hope the pics help.
      Mark
    • Mike Chaney
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
        Thank you , Mark

        > Mikes Condor and Cheney
        > Have posted the speaker pics in the files section of this list. The photos
        > are not the best but I'm still learning how to use this digital at close
        > focus. Hope the pics help.
        > Mark

        Mike Chaney

        p.s It was my Great Grandfather George Cheney who, according to family
        legend, changed the spelling of our name. Having been taught how to write
        it he retorted "That doesn't say 'Chayney', that says 'Cheeney'" and we've
        spelled it with an "a" ever since.

        MC
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
          szczowicz@... wrote:

          > Have posted the speaker pics in the files section of this list.

          Mark,

          Thanks! Nice pics, nicer loco. Looks good, even from inside out & upside
          down.

          Questions:

          - Did you have any problems drilling through the tender floor? That material
          is difficult to drill. Use any oil, etc?
          - Is that a headlight connected to the two wires going up to the front from
          the engine area? Ditto on drilling problems?
          - Is your cam wiper a wire or flat piece?
          - And the biggie ... the speakers are just glued to the tender frame? No
          sealed box separating them?

          Mike "sounding confused" Conder
        • szczowicz@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2000
            In a message dated 11/2/00 5:06:56 AM GMT Standard Time, vulturenest@...
            writes:

            << - Did you have any problems drilling through the tender floor? That
            material
            is difficult to drill. Use any oil, etc?>>
            No oil just a very slow speed drill and stops every so often to allow the bit
            to cool. Yes the material is a right 'b' to drill and if you can oil onto the
            bit you will be that much safer.
            <<- Is that a headlight connected to the two wires going up to the front from
            the engine area? Ditto on drilling problems?>>
            Yes, its a headlight - usual diode circuit. That was the drilling job where I
            lost the slightly slightly. Fortulately a little bit of filler sorted out the
            gap. It also slowed me right up.
            - Is your cam wiper a wire or flat piece?
            The wiper is a flat piece of phosphor bronze.
            - And the biggie ... the speakers are just glued to the tender frame? No
            sealed box separating them? >>
            They're just glued. There is no point in seperating them. What is important
            is that they are electrically in phase with each other. That is to say that
            both positive terminals are wired together. If you use speakers of the same
            make you can safely assume that the connections are the same for both. There
            are no boxes other than the tender body which has a small pad of cotton wool
            inside to act as a bass aborber. It does actually make a difference cutting
            out responances. You can play around with that till the cows come home!
            Thanks for the kind comments.
            Mark
          • szczowicz@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2000
              Mike, Sorry about the spelling. My son went to a Cheney School in Oxford and
              I suppose that the spelling is automatically programmed into these fingers. I
              shall make a mental note.
              Mark
            • Mike Chaney
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 2, 2000