Re: [HOn3] height guage

  • CHoefer533@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 5, 2000
      keh_bier@... writes:

      > I'm not sure we (NCNG) have an official standard, but I'm usng the Kadee
      > HOn3 gauge for both 714's and N-scale couplers.

      We don't have a standard beyond "NMRA" however, I 've also been using the
      Kadee HOn3 Gauge with an "N" coupler shimmed so that it's center (when viewed
      from the side) rests at the midpoint of the Kadee HOn3 coupler (also on a
      gauge).

      Running the HOn3 and N scale couplers together works well, unless modules
      aren't butted together properly.

      CraigH
      also of the North Coast Narrow Gaugers
    • boone@aloha.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5, 2000
        >In a message dated 9/4/00 2:19:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
        >keh_bier@... writes:
        >
        >> I'm not sure we (NCNG) have an official standard, but I'm usng the Kadee
        >> HOn3 gauge for both 714's and N-scale couplers.
        >

        >We don't have a standard beyond "NMRA" however, I 've also been using the
        >Kadee HOn3 Gauge with an "N" coupler shimmed so that it's center (when viewed
        >from the side) rests at the midpoint of the Kadee HOn3 coupler (also on a
        >gauge).
        >
        >Running the HOn3 and N scale couplers together works well, unless modules
        >aren't butted together properly.
        >
        >CraigH
        >also of the North Coast Narrow Gaugers

        Yep, me too. I decided that this way my equipment will be compatible with
        the majority of HOn3 folk, who use the #714. All my stuff is running the N
        scale unit for appearance, but I have a few old cars with the #714 and have
        had no problems at all with intermixing.

        Aloha, Boone