54075Re: enough of the locktite, geeze! any what HOn3 brass is good?

  • ebt18
    Jul 2 3:57 AM
      I have three Hallmark brass EBT engines -- #14, #18 and the M-1
      motorcar. The steamers have a reputation for being good runners, even
      though they were imported 20 years ago. I would agree with the
      sentiment here expressed that you have to pick and choose your brass --
      but in some cases (like the EBT) you really only have one other choice,
      and that's to build your own. I don't see Blackstone manufacturing any
      of the EBT mikados in this lifetime.

      Russ

      --- In HOn3@yahoogroups.com, Jim Vail <akacoot@...> wrote:

      > Totally wrong on that one. Much of the old brass locomotives by
      > Westside, PSC, Overland, etc. runs smooth, quiet and out pulls the
      newer
      > composite construction locomotives. The new ready-to-run locomotives
      > are great - and I have and run quite a few. But the older brass
      > locomotives are great too (and I also run many of those.). They are
      all
      > good locomotives and they all have their proper place on a running
      model
      > railroad.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic