54055Re: [HOn3] Re: enough of the locktite, geeze! any what HOn3 brass is good?

    Jul 1, 2008
      Totally wrong on that one. Much of the old brass locomotives by
      Westside, PSC, Overland, etc. runs smooth, quiet and out pulls the newer
      composite construction locomotives. The new ready-to-run locomotives
      are great - and I have and run quite a few. But the older brass
      locomotives are great too (and I also run many of those.). They are all
      good locomotives and they all have their proper place on a running model
      railroad.

      Jim Vail

      > My experience with brass models is that they are great for static
      > display, but are very poor performers on a layout. Brass is
      > manufactured for collectors and speculators, not for layout operators.
      > If you want something that looks pretty and your wallet can take the
      > punishment, by all means buy brass. If you want something that runs
      > at realistic speeds, operates smoothly at all speeds, pulls reasonably
      > long trains on reasonably built layouts, buy white metal and plastic.
      >
      > Rich Strebendt

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic