54054Re: enough of the locktite, geeze! any what HOn3 brass is good?
- Jul 1, 2008Just a short roundup:
- I have 6 Sunset Brass engines, 3 K-27'2, 3 K-36's
- They ran well right out of the box with some minor adustments:
(Loosening Pony + Trailer trucks, polishing the Tender bolsters
& Tender Trucks, cutting one of the springs of the Tender Trucks a
little to keep them on the rails at all time.
- The slow speed performance is ok, maintenance is easy , they're
robust (ask my 4 year old daughter) and I still favor them over any
Blackstone or even PSC engine.
- That I did was add Faulhaber Motors with Flywheels to all of them.
They run even smoother than ever before. My Blackstone K-27 is a
coffee mill compared to them
- My PSC K-37 needed a lot of work to get her roadworthy, and sh e
still isn't fully functional IMHO.
- If you want to buy Brass ; Insist on a test drive at your dealer.
If the engine runs well, with no wobbling or binding right out of
the box, go for it, you can still "pimp" her later with a new
Motor and Flywheel.
My 2 cents...
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>