12497Re: [HOn3] RPO & BAGGAGE CAR ENDS

  • Ken martin
    Dec 2, 2000
      darney@... wrote:

      > A order issued by the Railway Mail Service in Oct.1914 required all postal car
      > ends and to be equipped with rails and fire proof paint

      I have a Xerox of a 1916 letter from the Railway Mail Service informing the
      Colorado and Southern in discussion regarding NG car 10.

      "Under this ruling, it will not be necessary to make any changes in the
      structural features of the car, i.e., it will not be necessary to add
      longitudinal sills or apply any stregthening features to the ends of the car."

      So no C&S ng mail cars had the rails aplied.

      No mention is made of painting the ends.

      Ken Martin
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic