489New Advanced WCS Instructor

  • kendancerwannab
    Jan 30, 2011
      GOOD NEWS --- BAD NEWS
      ====
      BAD NEWS FIRST:
      Eddie Fann's work activities has taken him away from us.  We all are heart broken.  He is such a great teacher.  But we understand that his real livelihood comes first.  So we all wish him well.
      ====
      GOOD NEWS:
      Michael Johnson has agreed to teach our Advanced West Coast Swing class.  Woo-Hoo!  Michael re-located to here from the Washington DC. area.  He has been a dance pro for years, and competed in many aspects of swing dancing.
      Just a few of Mike's competitions include:  1st place Strictly Lindy at SwingFling 2008, 3rd Place J&J Pro Invitational (with Katrina Branson) at the 2007 Virginia State Open, 1st Place Showcase Hollywood Swing at the 2000 Virginia State Open, 1st place Hand Dance Fast at the 2002 Virginia State Open, 1st place hand Dance Slow at the 2002 Virginia State Open, 3rd place at the 2005 American Lindy Hop Championships, and placed or was a finalist in scores of J&J competitions.

      But what's really cool is that Mike's a great social dancer.  Michael's wife Poppy is also joining.  We hope her great stylin' is contagious.  She will fill in for Mike when he is away.
      ====
      Joanne Hutcheson will assist Mike in demonstrating the follower moves with her own splash of style.
      =====
      Schedule is the same:
      Every Thurs.
      6:30 Warm-up to DJ
      7:00 Adv. WCS and Beginner Whip
      8:00 Open Dancing
      8:40 Int Whip
      =====
      Cost is 60 dollars for 6 months.  This works out to about 2 bucks an hour.
      =====
      Please mention our web address www.HOTWDC.org when sharing info with your friends.
      ===
      thx ken