Memorial Day Weekend Events for Animals, Protest HLS Sunday in NYC

  • Ima Vegan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2008
      ****Cross Post Freely****

      "Dissent is the Highest Form of Patriotism"
      Thomas Jefferson

      BE A PATRIOT: STAND UP FOR LAB ANIMALS
      PROTEST HUNTINGDON LIFE SCIENCES

      Join Win Animal Rights, this Memorial Day Weekend, as
      we stand in memory of all the animals.....the beagle
      puppies, cats and kittens, monkeys, rabbits, ferrets,
      mice, rats and all of the others....that have been
      imprisoned and condemned to hell on earth at
      laboratories like Huntingdon Life Sciences.

      HLS is a company whose primary business is death and
      suffering. 500 animals are killed there every day.
      Every one of them had a mother, who mourned their loss
      HLS CEO and primary shareholder, Andrew Baker,
      doesn't care about the 70,000 animals that are
      imprisoned in the cold steel cages and concrete runs
      at Huntingdon Life Sciences, where they wait to die.
      His motive is greed and all he cares about is enjoying
      the good life and his multi-million dollar apartment
      overlooking scenic Central Park. Join us as we express
      our anger and outrage and as we mourn the 180,000 that
      die every year at HLS.

      Home of Andrew Baker, CEO HLS
      Sunday, May 25, 2008 @ 2:00 pm
      Meet at: 279 Central Park West (88th St.)
      New York City

      The Baker protest will last approximately 90 minutes.
      After that we will walk to other addresses in the same
      neighborhood, where we will name and shame executives
      of HLS customers and suppliers. If you are late, call
      us at: 1-646-267-9934 and we will tell you where we
      are. You don't need posters, banners or
      literature...we have all of that (unless of course you
      have something you want to bring, then by all means
      bring it along). All you need is your passion and a
      loud voice to speak up for the animals. Please come
      prepared to do some walking and some shouting.

      Coming events:
      Novartis Week of Action, May 26 - 30, 2008
      starting with Novartis Protest Monday, May 26th at
      Noon
      608 Fifth Avenue (49th Street)

      Visit the WAR Calendar for future events:
      http://calendar.yahoo.com/winanimalrights
      Visit the WAR MySpace page:
      http://www.myspace.com/winanimalrights
      Visit the WAR CrueltyFree.com page:
      http://www.crueltyfree.com/winanimalrights

      For more info contact Win Animal Rights at:
      winanimalrights@...
      Call: 646.267.9934 or visit the WAR website at:
      http://war-online.org

      W.A.R. (WIN ANIMAL RIGHTS) is an independent
      non-profit organization not affiliated or associated
      with SHAC, SHAC USA or any other group or organization
      and does not conduct or incite any illegal activity.
      The above information is not meant to incite or
      request any illegal actions or illegal activities of
      any kind. If you have any questions about the
      legality of any act, we encourage everyone receiving
      this (or the) action alert(s) to check your local laws
      and ordinances before proceeding to do anything.