Grand Finale - World Lab Animal Liberation Week '08 - NYC

  • Ima Vegan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2008
      ****Cross Post Freely & Widely****

      LAST CHANCE TO COMMEMORATE WORLD LABORATORY
      ANIMAL LIBERATION WEEK 2008

      Join Win Animal Rights, as we take our message of
      compassion toward animals and disgust for vivisectors,
      to those who enable the monsters at Huntingdon Life
      Sciences to continue to torture, mutilate, poison and
      ultimately kill 500 animals every single day. Protests
      and educational outreach have been on-going daily
      throughout the period from Saturday, April 19, 2008
      through Sunday, April 27, 2008.

      The protests last weekend and yesterday were
      incredible. The protests incorporated a strong
      emphasis on community outreach and education. Our goal
      is to educate consumers about the horrors of animal
      testing labs and the benefits of a compassionate and
      cruelty free lifestyle. Thousands of pieces of
      literature were distributed on the streets of New York
      City. On Sunday, our last day, our focus will continue
      to be on HLS Customers and Suppliers, with special
      attention to Novartis and Staples. Of course, all
      protests will be peaceful and will follow all local
      laws and ordinances.

      Come prepared to do some walking. Dress comfortably
      and don't forget to wear comfortable shoes. All
      protests will be held rain or shine. Signs, literature
      and banners will be provided. Don't forget to bring
      water and snacks to keep your energy level high and
      suncreen if the day looks sunny. Get ready to
      aggressively spread the word about the notorious
      Huntingdon Life Sciences on the streets of New York
      City.

      Final Day of Protests
      World Lab Week New York City

      Sunday, April 27, 2007 @ 2:00 PM
      Home of Andrew Baker - HLS CEO
      Meet: 279 Central Park West (88th St.)

      For anyone that wishes to start the day earlier, a
      small contingent will be visiting the home of a
      Novartis employee at 12:30 pm. The address is: 143 W.
      27th St. (between Avenue of the Americas/6th Ave. &
      7th Avenue). We will be at this location until
      approximately 1:30 pm at which time we will travel
      together to Baker's on Central Park West.

      http://war-online.org/Alert_WorldWeek08.htm

      Visit the WAR Calendar for future events:
      http://calendar.yahoo.com/winanimalrights
      Visit the WAR MySpace page:
      http://www.myspace.com/winanimalrights
      Visit the WAR CrueltyFree.com page:
      http://www.crueltyfree.com/winanimalrights

      For more info contact Win Animal Rights at:
      winanimalrights@...
      Call: 646.267.9934 or visit the WAR website at:
      http://war-online.org

      W.A.R. (WIN ANIMAL RIGHTS) is an independent
      non-profit organization not affiliated or associated
      with SHAC, SHAC USA or any other group or organization
      and does not conduct or incite any illegal activity.
      The above information is not meant to incite or
      request any illegal actions or illegal activities of
      any kind. If you have any questions about the
      legality of any act, we encourage everyone receiving
      this (or the) action alert(s) to check your local laws
      and ordinances before proceeding to do anything.

      Be a better friend, newshound, and