Global Weekend of Action Against Escada, Feb. 1 - E-mail & Phone Escada

  • Ima Vegan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2008
      ****Cross Post Freely****

      February 1 - 3, 2008

      GLOBAL WEEKEND OF ACTION AGAINST ESCADA

      The global anti-fur campaign against the Escada
      designer group continues with a weekend of action from
      February 1 - 3, 2008. The campaign operating under the
      banner of the Global Network Against the Fur Industry
      is calling for demos to take place at any shop or
      office in any part of the world that distributes or
      directly sells items by Escada. For a listing of
      worldwide locations visit the campaign website at:
      http://www.escada-campaign.org/shops/

      ******************************
      Date/Time: Friday, February 1, 2008 - ALL DAY
      Place: Internet & Telephone Day of Action

      Please contact Escada today:

      ESCADA WORLD HEADQUARTERS

      Escada World Headquarters
      Margaretha-ley-Ring 1
      85609 Aschheim
      Deutschland (Germany)
      Tel: + 49 (0) 89-9944-0
      Fax: + 49 (0) 89-9944-1111
      e-mail: info@...

      ESCADA STORES – USA HEADQUARTERS

      ESCADA USA Headquarters
      1412 Broadway, 9th Floor
      New York, NY 10018
      1-800-869-8425
      e-mail: jkim@... (Janet Kim - Public
      Relations)

      For more contact information visit the WAR website at:
      http://www.war-online.org/Alert_Escada_Contact.htm

      ******************************

      If you are in the New York Metro area, please plan on
      joining us this weekend:

      ESCADA PROTESTS

      Date/Time: Saturday, February 2, 2008 at 2:00 PM
      Place: Escada - 715 Fifth Ave. (between 55th & 56th
      Streets)

      Date/Time: Sunday, February 3, 2008 at 2:00 PM
      Place: Escada - Americana Mall, 2060 Northern Blvd.
      Manhasset, L.I.

      Activists traveling from New York City to Long Island,
      for Sunday's demo, should contact WAR at:
      centcom@...
      We will be organizing car pools and if car space is
      not available, activists will be meeting at the LIRR
      ticket counter at Penn Station in New York City at
      approximately 12:00 PM. If you live on Long Island
      and can provide transport from the Manhasset LIRR
      station to the Mall, please contact us to let us know.
      If you choose to take the LIRR on your own, the Mall
      is a short taxi ride away and should cost less than
      $10.00. If you want to come but the car fare is an
      issue, contact WAR and we will do our best to get you
      a ride.

      Driving directions can be found on the Americana
      website at:

      http://www.americanamanhasset.com/

      Note: Posters and flyers will be provided. Just bring
      yourself, your passion and a loud voice to speak out
      for the suffering animals. If you are artistic and
      would prefer, feel free to bring your own sign. As
      an added bonus, we will also be doing protests against
      the designers that use seal fur, including: Prada,
      Gucci, Versace and Dolce and Gabbana.
      The international campaign website is at:

      http://www.escada-campaign.org/start.php?lang=en
      For more info contact Win Animal Rights at:
      centcom@...
      Call: 646.267.9934 or visit the WAR website at:
      http://war-online.org

      W.A.R. (WIN ANIMAL RIGHTS) is an independent
      non-profit organization not affiliated or associated
      with SHAC, SHAC USA or any other group or organization
      and does not conduct or incite any illegal activity.
      The above information is not meant to incite or
      request any illegal actions or illegal activities of
      any kind. If you have any questions about the
      legality of any act, we encourage everyone receiving
      this (or the) action alert(s) to check your local laws
      and ordinances before proceeding to do anything.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs