Reminder - NYC Weekend of Action Against HLS 6-23 to 6-25

  • Ima Vegan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2006
      ****Cross Post Widely****

      WEEKEND OF ACTION AGAINST HLS

      IN CELEBRATION OF AR2006 "THE GATHERING"

      While activists around the world gather in SE England
      for the Global AR2006 conference, known fondly as "The
      Gathering", we in the USA will be having a "gathering"
      of our own. Our gathering will focus on keeping the
      heat on Huntingdon Life Sciences as their stock price
      continues to slide and their financial position
      continues to erode. If you can get to New York City,
      please join us for three days of action against HLS
      and its primary customers. If not, stay tuned as we
      will be posting ideas on how you can show your support
      for the global campaign to stop the killing at
      Huntingdon Life Sciences from your home or in your
      local community.

      Why Huntingdon Life Sciences (HLS), you may ask? HLS
      is responsible for the killing of 500 animals every
      day. They have been shown in 5 undercover
      investigations to have abused and mistreated animals,
      performed faulty laboratory practices and sadistic
      cruelty on the part of their technicians. Executives
      at HLS like to tout the fact that they have received
      accreditation from the organizations that monitor
      laboratories like HLS. What they don't tell you is
      that this service is paid for by HLS and we doubt that
      an organization paid by HLS is going to give them a
      bad report. On the other hand the NJ SPCA has filed
      charges against HLS for animal cruelty.

      ************************************

      Friday, June 23, 2006 at 4:00 PM
      Meet at: Pfizer World Headquarters, 235 E. 42nd St.
      (off 3rd Avenue)

      Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 2:00 PM*
      Meet at: Hunter College Station, Lexington Ave. & 68th
      St.

      Sunday, June 25, 2006 at 6:00 PM
      Meet at: Union Square in front of Whole Foods, 14th
      Street & Broadway

      **************************************

      If you would like to participate but cannot attend the
      demos, please visit our website and sign up for the
      WAR listserve at the bottom of our homepage, or you
      can simply drop an e-mail request to:
      centcom@... and we will do it for you.

      *Important Note: The NJARA/Bear Group demo at the
      home NJ Governor Corzine that was scheduled for
      Saturday morning has been cancelled.

      WAR Events Calendar:
      http://calendar.yahoo.com/winanimalrights

      Be part of history. Help stop the torture and killing
      at Huntingdon Life Sciences.

      For more info contact Win Animal Rights at:
      centcom@...
      Call: 646.267.9934 or visit the WAR website at:
      http://war-online.org

      http://mail.yahoo.com