Submit Your Demo Photos for an anti-HLS Zine!

  • heyitsbani@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005

      CALL FOR PHOTO SUBMISSIONS!

      Activists with Win Animal Rights Pennsylvania (WAR-PA) are in the process of creating a zine based on the struggle to shut down the animal testing laboratory, Huntingdon Life Sciences (HLS). The zine will be utilized as:

      --a tool to introduce new faces into the campaign/Animal Liberation movement at large

      --a resource for animal rights/social justice activists who may already be interested

      --a supplement to a *pending* US summer tour, facilitating workshops and organizing demonstrations against key HLS targets.

      We're asking that activists submit their photos at anti-HLS demos, as well as arrest photos with a brief description. Not all photos may be used and the ones chosen will either be used in an artistic way or to further illustrate a point in the writing (strategy, tactics, police repression, important dates, etc.) See bottom for contact information.

      Also, we are seeking donations to make this possible. We are in the process of creating a paypal account but if you don't want to wait around for that get in touch with us. Donations are mostly needed since the zine will be printed on 100% recycled paper using soy based inks. If you can donate these to us directly, write us!

      To send photos, donations, paper, to get involved with the zine and/or tour, or if you have any questions, comments, concerns, ideas, etc. please direct them to smashhlszine@....

      Photos can also be mailed to
      Smash HLS Zine
      c/o Bani Amor