Sat, 9-3-05 WAR Protests Fur Salons in NYC

  • Ima Vegan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      ****Cross Post Freely****

      WIN ANIMAL RIGHTS ANNOUNCES FUR CAMPAIGN KICK OFF

      http://war-online.org/FurKickOff05.htm

      Last season, Win Animal Rights (WAR) focused it's
      attention on the repulsive Dennis Basso fur salon on
      Madison Avenue. On August 13th, Win Animal Rights
      teamed up with the Coalition to Abolish the Fur Trade
      (CAFT-UK) in it's international campaign against the
      Joseph Stores because of their continuing sales of fur
      coats, jackets and accessories. This year we are
      pleased to announce that we will continue our campaign
      against both of these fur mongers.

      Target: DENNIS BASSO
      Telephone: 212-794-4500
      When: Saturday, September 3, 2005 at 12:00 PM
      Where: 765 Madison Avenue (between 65th & 66th
      Streets)

      Target: JOSEPH
      Telephone: 212-570-0077
      When: Saturday, September 3, 2005 at 2:00 PM
      Where: 816 Madison Avenue (corner of 68th Street)

      If you can't join the protests on Saturday, feel free
      to give them a call, to let them know that we will not
      go away until they stop selling fur.

      WAR will continue to focus on these two primary
      targets. Look for future events on Saturdays and
      Sundays and for our big Fur Free Friday celebration on
      Madison Avenue. WAR will be organizing a "FUR FASHION
      SHOW". If anyone has a fur they would like to
      contribute for use in the show, please contact WAR at:
      centcom@.... Furs must be donated before
      October 15th to allow adequate time for preparation.

      Mark you calendars now for our "Future Special
      Events/Protests":

      September 24, 2005
      Noon - 6:30 PM
      Global Day of Action Against Joseph
      Join WAR activists as we protest at all 3 of the
      Joseph locations in New York City!

      October 31, 2005
      6:00 PM
      3rd Annual March in the Halloween Parade
      Once again we will be marching in the New York City
      Halloween Parade on Sixth Avenue. This year, WAR
      activists will be marching in defense of animals whose
      fur is used for human greed and vanity. Following the
      parade, activists will trick or treat targeted
      furriers.

      November 25, 2005
      12:00 PM
      Madison Avenue Fur Fashion Show
      Location: hahaha - Guess Who?

      For more information or to get active in the campaign
      to eradicate fur from New York City, please contact:

      For more info contact: Win Animal Rights/W.A.R.:
      centcom@...
      call: 646-267-9934 or visit our website:
      http://war-online.org

      http://mail.yahoo.com