Reminder: SHAC 7 Court Support - June 1st

  • Ima Vegan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2005
      ****Cross Post Freely****

      ACTION ALERT
      CIVIL LIBERTIES PROTEST
      SUPPORT THE SHAC 7

      Date: Wednesday, June 1, 2005
      Time: 9:00 AM Court Support Demo followed by an 11:00
      AM Rally
      Place: Federal Courthouse, 402 State St, Trenton, NJ

      On May 26th, 2004, 7 activists were indicted and
      arrested on "animal enterprise terrorism" charges.
      Specifically, the activists are alleged to have
      operated a website for the Stop Huntingdon Animal
      Cruelty campaign (www.SHACAmerica.net). For this they
      face an aggregate of 23 years in jail each and upwards
      of $1,250,000.

      This is what the "War on Terror" has become -
      a war on the First Amendment!

      This is a call to action for anyone who believes that
      no one should be thrown in jail for expressing their
      views, no matter how controversial or unpopular those
      views may be. Attend this event to demonstrate that
      activists of varied social justice and civil liberty
      causes will stand together to defend free speech.
      Make no mistake: this is a frightening step in the
      Bush administration's path to "War on Domestic
      Dissidence" - a path that will not end until we stop
      it!

      The SHAC 7: Kevin Jonas, Jake Conroy, Lauren Gazzola,
      Josh Harper, Darius Fullmer,
      Andy Stepanian and John McGee. Please come support
      them.

      ****Please help these defendants and show your support
      by dressing appropriately to attend court.****

      Visit the SHAC 7 website at: http://www.shac7.com
      While you are there, sign up for the SHAC 7 support
      list to receive up to date information on court
      support activities and to find out what you can do to
      help. Subscribe at:
      http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/shac7

      First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out
      because I was not a Jew.
      Then they came for the Communists & I did not speak
      out because I was not a Communist.
      Then they came for the trade unionists & I did not
      speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
      Then they came for me and there was no one left to
      speak out for me.
      -Pastor Martin Niem´┐Żller

      HLS (Huntingdon Life Sciences) is one of the world's
      largest contract animal testing companies. Five
      undercover investigations have revealed the horrors
      hidden behind the closed doors of HLS, which is
      responsible for the torture and mutilation of hundreds
      of thousands of animals and death of 500 animals a
      day.

      If you are looking for a ride share or directions to
      the courthouse in Trenton, contact the e-mail below
      and someone will get in touch with you. The
      courthouse is easily accessible and within easy
      walking distance from New Jersey Transit's Trenton
      Station.

      *New York activists will meet at Pennsylvania Station
      on June 1st at 6:30 AM in front of Houlihan's
      Bar/Restaurant which is close to the Amtrak ticket
      counter and the Amtrak/NJ Transit central waiting
      area. We will be boarding our train at 6:45 AM, so
      please make arrangements to be there on time. The cost
      of a round trip off-peak ticket is $15.75. If you are
      late and need to purchase your ticket on the train,
      there is a $5.00 surcharge.

      Note: Please keep in mind that you will not be allowed
      to enter the courthouse with a cell phone or any other
      electronic device.

      This message brought to you by the Ad Hoc SHAC 7
      Support Committee.
      Contact us at: shac7support@...

      Yahoo! Mail Mobile
      Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile
      phone.
      http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail