Re: [HLSsucks] bad news from Italy animal experimentation macaques

  • Juliana Mujica
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2004
      Hi Ursula!
      It is really desperate this situation regarding primates (and other animals) in labs...
      It seems that "they are in a hurry" to get and torture (and kill) the most animals they can... GREED is their god, and it is more than sad to me learn so often of a new case.

      I was starting to compose the mails to send but I need to ask you: the 3 e-mail addresses belong to people in the lab, in the government, or who?

      Thanks,
      Juliana

      umazzucchetti <ursuland@...> wrote:
      from Ursula mazzucchetti

      BAD NEWS FROM ITALY

      Eighteen enclosure hours on a lorry.
      A long journey, in slaughtering conditions, to finish neo
      laboratories of a pharmaceutical company of Nerviano. The transfer
      from the airport in Paris To Malpensa of 120 Macaques  concluded
      himself yesterday morning at six o'clock
      macaques coming from the Mauritius island.  At Malpensa airport to
      wait for the precious one ( value declared 306 thousand euro ),
      there were the men of the forest body of state to which the task to
      verify the validity of the licences and the regularities of the
      authorizations for the importation is assigned. The macaques'
      traffic is forbidden in the context of the European Comunity as kind
      to high extinction risk. But everything turned out in rule on the
      basis of a dispensation concerning the animals destined to the
      research laboratories.
      Protected and often worshipped in the zones of origin, the macaques
      represent on the international market especially valid and sought-
      after animals to be used for the experimentation. And the Farney-
      Maherborug ( Mauritius islands) Noveprim Group is specialized in the
      stock farm in captivity of these primates then to export them in all
      the world. The "match" reached yesterday to Malpensa, (Italien
      airport) was destined to a pharmaceutical company of Nerviano
      Medical which is responsible for studying the toxicity level and
      then the tolerance degree of
      new antitumoral products.
      The transport of the 120 monkeys had to happen in the maximum
      discretion. From several directions in fact, they took for time
      protests and requests for the suspension of the research off on the
      Primates. And it is maybe to avoid disputes by the animalist than
      the journey took place on a motorvehicle and not the plane.
      Soon after the arrival to Malpensa the unloading operations are
      begun.
      The 120 monkeys, everyones strictly with a recognition number
      tattooed  on the chest, are in clear situation of stress and torpor
      for the efforts and the uncomfortable of the journey. It's painful
      lets see them move with difficulty, their so agile on the trees. A
      monkey is wounded to a hand, it loses blood. The lesion seems both
      been caused by the metal net of separation between a container and
      the other. Probably the macaque hurt himself trying to go out. The
      clearanced practices are sped up to the maximum. The cases are
      loaded in a hurry.
      The researchers are ready to isolate, in quarantine, all the animals.
      The motorvehicle left again with his macaques load. For the last
      journey.

      The letter to send to the "criminals"

      Nous demandons que l'importation, la d�tention et l'exp�rimentation
      sur
      > les macaques des �le Mauritius (destin�s aux laboratoires de
      Nerviano)
      > CESSENT IMMEDIATEMENT !
      > Nous sommes horrifi�s par cette cruaut�, notamment sur des esp�ce
      tr�s
      > sensible, et surtout tr�s proches aux �tre humains.
      > Nous demandons donc d'arr�ter d'�tre complices de ces TORTURES.
      > AYEZ HONTE DE VOUS M�MES!!!
      >
      > nom, pr�nom,
      > adresse
      > pays
      ADRESSES

      Michel de Claviere
      > 25, rue du Mont d'Or
      > 69450 Saint Cyr au Mont d'Or
      > Frankreich
      > 0033/ 4 72 19 46 26
      > claviere@...
      >
      > G�rald de Senneville
      > Harbour Front Building - 6e etage
      > Place d'armes
      > Port Louis
      > Mauritius
      > Tel: 00230 / 211 26 86
      > Fax: 00230 / 211 31 59
      > gds@...
      >
      > DE M. BESTEL J.J. Eric
      > Le Vallon
      > Ferney
      > MAHEBOURG - ILE MAURICE
      > T�l. : 00230 /25 11 022
      > Fax : 00230 /63 45 648
      > E-mail : jjedmb@...

      translation

      We ask that finishes immediately the importation, the detention,
      and the

      experimentation on the macaques of the Mauritius islands, directs to

      medical  laboratory of animal sperimentation of Nerviano in Italy .
      destined to linger and die in laboratories.

      STOP IMMEDIATLY!

      We are been horrified of a lot of cruelty used on kind animals very
      sensitive and very near being

      human. Therefore we ask to stop it to being accomplices of these

      tortures. please feel ashamed

        name surname

      country

      Do you Yahoo!?