(closehls) Customer Update: A.C.D.S. Hearing Your Call!

  • wildtimber2112@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2003

      From:    shacusa@...
      To:    closehls@...

      SHAC USA spoke today with Grant Jordan, the President of A.C.D.S.  He informed us that he has certainly been hearing your calls, text messages, letters, faxes, etc.  He expressed disgust at what HLS does and was very polite.  He indicated that he was seriously considering taking a stand and refusing to do business with HLS in the future.

      **Another interesting note: When A.C.D.S. was instructed by a client to send samples to HLS, they were contacted shortly thereafter and told to pull them from HLS and place them with a different company in California!  Clearly no one wants to touch HLS!

      Keep up the calls, keep them polite, and help Mr. Jordan make the right decision!  [Follow up letter sent from SHAC USA reprinted below].

      Grant L. Jordan, Ph.D.
      A.C.D.S. Research, Inc.
      9813 Glenmark Road
      North Rose, NY 14516
      Office: (315) 587-2140
      Home: (315) 568-2705
      Fax: (315) 587-2145
      Mobile: (315) 945-1430
      acdsgj@...

      Harry J. Humphreys, B.Sc.
      A.C.D.S. Research, Inc.
      P.O. Box 70
      Dundee, NY 14837
      Office: (607) 243-5262
      Home: (607) 243-8431
      Fax: (607) 243-5262
      Mobile: (315) 694-0303
      humphrys@...

      =================================
      BY FAX TO: (315) 587-2145
      A.C.D.S. Research, Inc.
      ATTN: Grant L. Jordan, Ph.D.

      July 30, 2003

      Dear Mr. Jordan,

      Thank you for your time this afternoon.  It is encouraging to hear from companies that will take the suffering of the animals at HLS into account, rather than putting profits above all else.  Further, we appreciate your consideration of the evidence we have presented you from inside HLS and your efforts at working with us to resolve this matter amicably.

      As you stated, we are aware that your company does not engage in animal experimentation and applaud A.C.D.S in that regard.  Rather, your company acts as the “middle-person” for companies that wish to have samples tested at other labs, and you are instructed by the client as to which lab the samples are to be sent.  As such, your company’s role is similar to that of a stockbroker or a market maker.

      We are following up to again encourage A.C.D.S. to take a stand and refuse to act as a middle-person for transactions with Huntingdon Life Sciences (aka Life Sciences Research) in the future.  Many stockbrokers and market makers have taken identical stances in the past, among them Charles Schwab, Etrade, ACAP Financial Inc., Merrill Lynch, Knight Securities L.L.P., Brokerage America, and dozens more.

      Below please read some of the most recent statements provided by companies, in both the UK and the US that have chosen to sever their business relationships with Huntingdon and refuse to work with them again in the future - no matter how vital or insignificant their services to Huntingdon might be.  Each of these companies has played an important role in cutting of Huntingdon’s lifelines one at a time.  We hope A.C.D.S. can join them and play a role in this most important effort.

      Sincerely,

      SHAC USA
      609.936.8422

      Company Statements.

      7/29/2003

      “Further to your letter regarding HLS and the provision of laundry services.  We ceased to provide a service to HLS at their Occold, Suffolk site for the very reasons stated in your letter.  We object strongly to their methods and under no circumstances would wish to be associated with them.  May we take this opportunity to wish you continued success with your worthy campaign.”

      7/29/2003

      “I would like to assure you that we NEVER do work for them. We are a small business and are
      avid animal lovers.  We hate what HLS are doing and applaud your good work.”

      7/22/2003

      “To Whom It May Concern,

      We have received various emails and letters regarding our work at HLS.  Following your correspondence and a directors meeting today we have no intention of working again at HLS.

      M. Webster
      Industrial Boilers Services”

      7/17/2003

      “The Sunlight Service Group wish to inform you that they are terminating their contract with
      Huntingdon Life Sciences and will not be dealing with them in the future.”

      7/14/2003

      “We wish to make you all aware that as a company we will no longer be supplying our services to HLS at either site. They have also been informed of this.  We therefore expect to stop receiving all
      emails faxes and phone calls with Immediate effect.

      G Betts, Director
      Enviro-Waste Limited”

      7/14/2003

      “Pearsons (Thetford) Ltd has decided to stop all services to HLS and will withdraw completely by 18/07/03.”

      6/17/2003

      “Thank you for your letter regarding Huntingdon Life Sciences. I am pleased to report that Huntingdon Life Sciences is not, and never has been, a customer for SynQuest products. Last year
      we were approached by HLS for relatively large quantities of a toxic material. As a potential new customer I checked them out and quickly determined that this was not the sort of organisation SynQuest wanted to be involved with. We declined to offer the material they were sourcing.  Thanks to efforts by organisations such as yours we can make a difference!”

      June 9, 2003

      “Our last contact with HLS was in June 2001.  It was made at the request of a cilent.  We have had no further contact with HLS since that time and will not have any contact with HLS in the future

      David Rowney
      VP Marketing Communications
      AMEC”

      Check http://www.shacamerica.net daily for updates on the campaign to CLOSE HLS!!

      Tell of your passion of the causes you fight for!

      "Hunting ... the least honorable form of war on the weak".

      - Paul Richard

      Don't just question animal abuse. Interrogate it, impugn it, tear it down, dismember it, bury it, and when the mood strikes you, dance on its grave!

      "My doctrine is this: that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and we do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt."

      - Anna Sewell, (English Novelist)