  • dbafriendsofbas@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2003
      In a message dated 7/17/2003 12:19:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jchen228@... writes:

      Date:7/17/2003 12:19:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time
      Sent from the Internet
      Hi this is a new one on me, but it may be familiar to you guys who have been doing this a long time.  This is another Hunte story   Janice

      Hello, I have just joined this group because of recent events that have changed and

      shaped my views of animals, in particular dogs.

      I am writing from my work email, but I am registered as jchen228@...

      Recently I bought a dog on June 3, 2003 from NATIONAL BREEDERS in MIDDLETOWN, NJ.

      The salesperson kept reassuring me that they were not a pet store and as an IGNORANT

      consumer, I bought it. I paid nearly 2500 for a "purebred" shih tzu. Big mistake, now

      many people who are well educated about puppy mills and EVIL pet stores inform me

      my dog was probably sold to the pet store for 200.

      Okay, that is merely the beginning of this nightmare that has become a big learning experience for me. Within two weeks of having this puppy, I took her to the vet FOUR TIMES. I REPEAT

      FOUR TIMES WITHIN TWO WEEKS. On 2 of the visits, they were on Sunday, so they were emergency visits,

      so they cost more. Upto date, she has taken FIVE different antibiotics.

      On June 15, 2003, I received a letter stating this dog was "UNFIT FOR SALE" by the emergency vet,

      Garden State Vet Associates. When I called NATIONAL BREEDERS the next day, they told me

      they had to call the "breeders". I just found out the other day that the breeders have never

      even heard of these people. An activist friend of mine tracked down the breeder and spoke to them.

      Anyway, I had several other conversations with NATIONAL BREEDERS and the only recourse they would take was to give me a nother dog!!! At this point, I had done enough research to realize these people

      are SICK scam artists. They falsely advertise themselves as BREEDERs when they are nothing more than your next sick disgusting pet store. I fed exed a letter demanding a refund to them on June 18. Even though I have the receipt, the owner BRUCE DE GRAW denies that I ever asked for a refund to BEVERLY COHEN, the investigator for the MONMOUTH county DIVISION of CONSUMER AFFAIRS. OKKKAYY

      then what were all those phone conversations about?

      Anyway, National breeders uses false advertisement and conducts consumer fraud by doing so. They also exploit there dogs and create prices that are inflated. Who else has been sold a sick dog from them>? Who else has been lied to by them. THese are GREEDY GREEDY PEOPLE (that is too kind)

      that feed off of the innocence of puppies, who are shipped from their mothers way too young.

      It is also interesting to know that the HUNTE CORPORATION, who supplies dogs to NATIONAL BREEDERS, supplies to PETLAND. YOU guys probably already know PETLAND is one of the WORST pet stores.

      If ANYONE has had a bad experience with them, please contact me ASAP!

      thank you

      Jean Chen

      Brooks Brothers

      346 Madison Avenue

      New York, NY 10017

      (212) 885 - 8971

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Shop for your Puppy Mill Fighters T-Shirts at Cafe Press!

      Cross-posting of planned events is not allowed unless stated by the organizer.  Thank you!

      BPT. CT.