Re: [HLSsucks] Re: Amazing! Deloitte & Touche Pull Out After Only 10 Days

  • Colleen Klaum
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2003

      Loud speakers do wonders Pascal, lol.

      Colleen-Catwoman

       Pascal De Bock <pascal3@...> wrote:

      Yes I was informed by the jungle drum it had happened too! got so
      many rescues coming in that I am late with all the catching up still
      goes to show how it goes when people make their voice heard! carries
      better with a loud speaker but yet again!hehe! Pascal

      --- In HLSsucks@yahoogroups.com, "purrrrrrshia <purrrrrrshia@y...>"
      <purrrrrrshia@y...> wrote:
      > AMAZING! DELOITTE & TOUCHE PULL OUT AFTER ONLY 10 DAYS
      >
      > You've done it again. This evening, as late as they possibly could,
      > in a pathetic attempt to avoid the press, Deloitte & Touche have
      > waved the white flag and surrendered to SHAC.
      >
      > Deloitte & Touche put up on their website the following statement
      > from John Connolly, their UK senior partner: "Having completed the
      > audit for 2002, we will not be offering ourselves for re-election
      as
      > auditors to Huntingdon Life Sciences."
      >
      > After just 10 days of getting hammered by activists all over the UK
      > and all over the world, Deloitte & Touche, one of the top 4
      > accountancy firms in the world, has realised that being involved
      with
      > animal killers HLS really doesn't pay.
      >
      > There has never been a response to a target like this one � we were
      > swamped with phone calls and emails all day long as activists went
      > war against Deloitte & Touche. Offices were picketed, home demo's
      > were carried out on directors, locks were glued, offices and homes
      > were spraypainted. There was leafleting, there were mass phone
      calls,
      > there were mass e-mails, there were actions taking place all over
      the
      > world daily. Most of all there was the relentless drive and
      > determination of all of you to drive SHAC's message home: sever
      your
      > links with HLS or face the consequences.
      >
      > It really shows the power we all have that one of the largest
      > financial firms in the world have dropped Huntingdon so quickly.
      How
      > embarrassing yet again for Huntingdon to be ditched so publicly by
      > such a massive and influential company with a large presence in the
      > biotech sector.
      >
      > We now carry that message forward and say to HLS's customers: your
      > time has come. You know what we are capable of. Look at the website
      > and look at what happens to those who support HLS. Get ready
      because
      > we are coming for you.
      >
      > To all the Deloitte & Touche workers who showed your support �thank
      > you.
      >
      > To every single person who targeted Deloitte & Touche � you are
      truly
      > inspirational. Keep up the fight, keep up the pressure � it's pay
      > back time for the animal killers.

      "Live in peace with the animals, animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls" Colleen Klaum

      Help us close down Huntingdon Life Sciences:

      Do you Yahoo!?