Re: [HLSS] Digest Number 386

  • David
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
      As several others have mentioned this I think I will add my 2 cents.

      I think that the Jungle Tales, South Seas and Lost World stuff could easily be tied into one book. Lets face it that is basically what Peter Jackson's King Kong movie does!

      They all seem to involve groups of explorers/disreputable types travelling through jungles, up rivers (and maybe island hopping) etc. Some invlove giant apes and big cats etc. others have dinosaurs and weird voodoo style cults.

      As has been said Tarzan has visited Pellucidar, which is very much a combination of Jungle Tales and Lost World.
    • bielcik@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
        >As several others have mentioned this I think I will add my 2 cents.

        >I think that the Jungle Tales, South Seas and Lost World stuff could easily be tied into one book.
        >Lets face it that is basically what Peter >Jackson's King Kong movie does!

        >They all seem to involve groups of explorers/disreputable types travelling through jungles, up
        >rivers (and maybe island hopping) etc. Some >invlove giant apes and big cats etc. others have
        >dinosaurs and weird voodoo style cults.

        >As has been said Tarzan has visited Pellucidar, which is very much a combination of Jungle Tales
        >and Lost World.

        We're on the same wave length and thanks for your input. I'm not sure that there would
        be enough "meat" in a "jungle" supplement without adding lost worlds and lost civilizations
        and their inhabitants.

        Ed B.