Fwd: [railwaycanal] ETRURIA INDUSTRIAL MUSEUM

  • Chris Deuchar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2011
      Worth saving methinks...

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Roger Taylor <rjtatkes@...>

      I have been asked to give this circulation.

      Please help save Etruria Industrial Museum

      We have created an e-petition; http://eim.epetitions.net/  to get as
      many signatures as possible to try to save the Mill from closure.

      If you feel it would be appropriate, could you please circulate to as
      many of your friends and colleagues as possible to get them to sign it
      for us?

      This is the message I have sent out to try and get support;

      "We are emailing you about the council's proposals for cut backs which
      include the closure of Etruria Industrial Museum. The council has been
      very supportive in the past and this proposal comes as a shock to us.

      I have been involved in the restoration, maintenance and running of
      this museum from the start, some 32 years ago, all as a volunteer and
      for which I was honoured by receiving the M.B.E. in this years News
      Years Honours list.

      We form part of the vital link in the history of the Potteries as the
      only Steam Powered Potters Mill left in working order anywhere in the
      world, showing the history of the preparation of the raw materials for
      the Pottery Industry and as such have been granted Historic Monument
      Status by English Heritage. We also fulfil an important role in
      education and the local community.

      I would like you to put pressure on those involved in making the
      decision to close this very important historic site for the Potteries
      to find alternative cost savings and retain this museum under the
      jurisdiction of the local council by signing our e-petition ".

       Many Thanks

      Tony Green M.B.E.

      (posted by Roger Taylor)