Hennessey, Timothy, Helen to NS Canada

  • freespirit922002
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
      Welcoming any additional information to Timothy Hennessey and wife
      Helen. Born c. 1830
      Irish county of origin and date of immigration to Cape Breton, NS
      unknown. (between ~1834 & 1851)
      Daughter Ellen Hennessey b. Sept 25, 1850 in Ireland, m. William
      Matheson on June 29, 1871
      Family in several census reports for Sydney Mines, NS (1871 - 1901)
      5 children:
      Jessica b. 1872, Wallace '74, Elizabeth '78, James '82, Ella May '84,
      Wilson b. 1892, my grandfather.
      Elizabeth in family story was Boston spinster, Ella May unmarried as
      of mother Ellen's death Oct 19, 1918. Elizabeth and Ella May could
      have accompanied Wilson and his war bride to Edmonton in 1920.
    • freespirit922002
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2002
        --- In HENNESSY@y..., "freespirit922002" <freespirit922002@y...> wrote:
        > Welcoming any additional information to Timothy Hennessey and wife
        > Helen. Born c. 1830
        > Irish county of origin and date of immigration to Cape Breton, NS
        > unknown. (between ~1834 & 1851)
        > Daughter Ellen Hennessey b. Sept 25, 1850 in Ireland, m. William
        > Matheson on June 29, 1871
        > Family in several census reports for Sydney Mines, NS (1871 - 1901)
        > 5 children:
        > Jessica b. 1872, Wallace '74, Elizabeth '78, James '82, Ella May '84,
        > Wilson b. 1892, my grandfather.
        > Elizabeth in family story was Boston spinster, Ella May unmarried as
        > of mother Ellen's death Oct 19, 1918. Elizabeth and Ella May could
        > have accompanied Wilson and his war bride to Edmonton in 1920.

        Additional information from Nova Scotia census shows Timothy and Helen
        Hennessey born c. 1819, not 1830.
        Census shows 4 youngest children: John Hennessey b.1848, Ellen (as
        above) b. 1850, Thomas Hennessey b. 1852 & James Hennessey b. 1855.