Re: Lawrence Hennessy/ Terence

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 20, 2013
      "Lawrence" I have discovered (CAN be) a transcription error. I have several records that for verified spelling on "Terence" were transcribed in an Index as "Lawrence" because of swirls in the "Ter" became "Law", and when you see the actual script, you see "Ter" but also see how someone can see as "Law". I may have mentioned this to you in years past?

      Terry
      thenne1713@...

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 20, 2013
        Terry,

        I don’t remember you ever telling me this or I would of jumped on it. I know transcripts are sometimes almost impossible to decipher. Where can I look at these if you still have the URL to the sites and if you would be so kind as to let me know where they are so I can piece them together for a fit.

        Thanks Buddy,

        Larry

        "Lawrence" I have discovered (CAN be) a transcription error. I have several records that for verified spelling on "Terence" were transcribed in an Index as "Lawrence" because of swirls in the "Ter" became "Law", and when you see the actual script, you see "Ter" but also see how someone can see as "Law". I may have mentioned this to you in years past?

        Terry
        mailto:thenne1713%40aol.com

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 22, 2013
          The specifics that I recall was Ancestry.com 1930 census, Seattle, Washington area (I.e. my Dad's family)

          Terry
          thenne1713@...

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 23, 2013
            Thanks Terry, I’ll check it out.....

            Larry

[...]

          • thenne1713
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 6, 2013
              Larry,
              My son recently found some Irish census with a Lawrence and (maybe Patrick)?  I will try to get to you in bear future