Lawrence Hennessy

  • TheIrishmon
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 18, 2013
      I am trying to find out where my grandfather was born. I was told in Templetoughe, Co. Tipporary. He was a tin smith and I believe he came to the United States around 1879 or so. My father was born in Woodbridge, NJ in November of 1899 to a Lawrence Hennessy & Amelia Kath. That's all of the information I have. Does any one have a Lawrence Hennessy in their family tree? Please let me know if you do?

      Thank You,
      Larry
    • RICHARD HARRIS
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013
        Sorry. My ancestor John Hennesy-Hensy born in Tipporary also, he served in the 98th Regt' and ended up ib NB Canada.  One son came to WI, One son went to Conn. and the rest of the family stayed in Canada, No Lawrence.   sue harris

        ________________________________
        I am trying to find out where my grandfather was born. I was told in Templetoughe, Co. Tipporary. He was a tin smith and I believe he came to the United States around 1879 or so. My father was born in Woodbridge, NJ in November of 1899 to a Lawrence Hennessy & Amelia Kath. That's all of the information I have. Does any one have a Lawrence Hennessy in their family tree? Please let me know if you do?

        Thank You,
        Larry

      • KATHRYN H DANSKY
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 19, 2013
          My g.grandather, Patrick Hennessy, was born in Kilkee, County Clare. Still
          looking for relatives!Kathy

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 20, 2013
            "Lawrence" I have discovered (CAN be) a transcription error. I have several records that for verified spelling on "Terence" were transcribed in an Index as "Lawrence" because of swirls in the "Ter" became "Law", and when you see the actual script, you see "Ter" but also see how someone can see as "Law". I may have mentioned this to you in years past?

            Terry
            thenne1713@...

            ________________________________
            I am trying to find out where my grandfather was born. I was told in Templetoughe, Co. Tipporary. He was a tin smith and I believe he came to the United States around 1879 or so. My father was born in Woodbridge, NJ in November of 1899 to a Lawrence Hennessy & Amelia Kath. That's all of the information I have. Does any one have a Lawrence Hennessy in their family tree? Please let me know if you do?

            Thank You,
            Larry

          • Larry Hennessy
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 20, 2013
              Terry,

              I don’t remember you ever telling me this or I would of jumped on it. I know transcripts are sometimes almost impossible to decipher. Where can I look at these if you still have the URL to the sites and if you would be so kind as to let me know where they are so I can piece them together for a fit.

              Thanks Buddy,

              Larry

              "Lawrence" I have discovered (CAN be) a transcription error. I have several records that for verified spelling on "Terence" were transcribed in an Index as "Lawrence" because of swirls in the "Ter" became "Law", and when you see the actual script, you see "Ter" but also see how someone can see as "Law". I may have mentioned this to you in years past?

              Terry
              mailto:thenne1713%40aol.com

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 22, 2013
                The specifics that I recall was Ancestry.com 1930 census, Seattle, Washington area (I.e. my Dad's family)

                Terry
                thenne1713@...

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 23, 2013
                  Thanks Terry, I’ll check it out.....

                  Larry

[...]

                • thenne1713
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 6, 2013
                    Larry,
                    My son recently found some Irish census with a Lawrence and (maybe Patrick)?  I will try to get to you in bear future