Mathais Hennessy

  • amy keely
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2009
      I am looking for information on Mathais Hennessy. He was a QuaterMaster in the 2nd Irish Brigade in 1796 before transferring into the 67th Foot in the British Army. I am his descendant and looking for any family connections. His son was Captain Patrick Hennessy who's brother Lieutenant John Hennessy had a son named George that became Sir George Robertson Hennessy. Patrick's was given land in Nova Soctia, Canada and my family migrated to Michigan. If you have any information, please let me know. Thanks!

    • lizawheels@roadrunner.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 18, 2009
        Amy,sorry but I don't have any info back that far on my Hennessey line. I do know my Hennessey's were born in Ireland (don't know where) and arrived in the US about the 1850's. They were in the Olean NY area sometime around the 1880's. I really have very little on them. Liza Wheeler