Re: [HENNESSY/ EY Genealogy Re: paddy's day

  • geedingle8@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
      Hi Gang,

      I had my first St Patrick's day in New York last year, but had a rather bad
      experience, we had a great spot on the front railings, but next to a gang of
      young people who couldn't talk to each other but shouted everything, several
      Americans asked them to be quiet and watch their language as families and
      children could hear everything, this then escalated with middle aged group
      screaming "English out of Ireland" and "up the IRA." This went on for several
      hours and spoilt an otherwise great trip.

      I am not getting into politics here, just explaining my experience.

      Gill Hennessy
      Liverpool
      England

    • john hennessey
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
        Gill I had the opposite happen to me we was in wicklow at a pub where local people sing and play instruments and we shared a table with three kids who were in the british army in northern ireland, when the Irish national anthem was played they stood at attention, all were of Irish roots. I don't know what they were like in the North but they were nice kids and homesick at that. Jack