IMMIGRANTS FROM NEWFOUNDLAND TO NJ & PA

  • Doctorgeri
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2008
      My parents migrated from Newfoundland when it was still a province, and
      not part of Canada.
      Friends of mine gave me 20 photos which people who settled in NJ and PA
      sent back to (I think it was St. John's)
      BUT, they did not put names on the photos.
      Now, at least 100 years later they are trying to identify the people in
      the photos; some are wedding photos.
      I have downloaded them on my family HENNESSEYCLAN group.
      But they are separate. If anyone would like a look, in case you can
      identify, send me your email address and I will give you access.
      My Dad was Michael Bernard Hennessey from St. John's; my Mom was
      Elizabeth (LIZ) Cole from Avondale.
      They had 6 children when they left Newfoundland TO MIGRATE TO NJ: ELLEN
      (HELEN), MICHAEL FRANCIS, FRANCES ARABELLA (BELLE), WILLIAM HENNESSEY,
      ELIZABETH HENNESSEY, BERNARD JOSEPH HENNESSEY.
      7 MORE CHILDREN WERE BORN IN NJ; I WAS NEXT TO LAST.
      I DO NOT HAVE THE RECORDS OF THE DATE THAY CAME OVER ON THE SHIP SYLVIA
      AND WENT DIRECTLY TO ELLIS ISLAND.