O'Hennessy ? General enquiry

  • clive o'hennessy
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2007
      I am researching the family name O'HENNESSY.

      As yet my immediate family seem to be the only one using the pre-fix O' in the UK.

      Maybe you know or have knowledge of anyone also using the " O' " ?

      Internet checks have shown a family O'Hennessy in New Zealand, another in WA Australia. Another in western France and a few in USA. I have tried e.mails and letters to known addresses, often via third partys.
      But not a single reply !
      I would love to contact any body still using the 'O

      One branch has dropped the O' and was last known of in Luddenfoot Yorkshire.
      William Henry Hennessy married in Luddenfoot 1898, and a daughter Jenny.
      Maybe they or decendents are active in the group ?

      Regards Clive

    • Albertus
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2007
        HI Clive,Albertus here,I am doing my family free has Hennessy in it but no
        O'Hennessy,I will give you my ones John Henry GieseB1800c,suppose to marry
        aMargaret Schroder,?,John Henry Giese B 1831c in Hamburg Germany Married
        Mary Hennessy B1836 ,also Peter Hennessy B1810c Married Mary Sinell ,on one
        of my uncles certificates States she was Born in Rathkeale Ireland (Mary
        Hennessy) hope that helpsyou out Kind regards Albertus.

        _____