Bridget Hennessy from Clare

  • marleemia45
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2006
      Dear List,

      I have just joined the group.
      I am searching for information on my
      great grandmother Bridget Hennessy b c 1848 in Co Clare. She
      emigrated to Australia c 1866 with a number of her brothers and a
      sister, but I believe not her parents. (I can't find any death
      listings for her parents in Australia).
      She married in Melbourne to Patrick Conway (also from Clare). At the
      time of her marriage her occupation is listed as being a servent.
      Her parents were John Hennessy and Catherine Quinn. My question is
      this - how can I find out more about her parents? I have signed up to
      a web site that has the Griffiths evaluation and I have found several
      John Hennessys in Clare, but how to tell who is who and what is what?
      This is my first "go" at doing any Irish research and I feel a bit at
      sea with it all.

      I am heading off to the UK in a few weeks and would love to further
      the research in Dublin, but without knowing a Parish or townland I
      feel a bit silly trying to track my Hennessys :)

      Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
      Best wishs,

      Maree