Unity Motion Update?

  • mdldesign2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
      Chris

      How about an update on your Unity Motion experience. I too am a long
      time BUD owner, and I'm interested in your findings.

      Delphi Forums has a forum for Unity Motion owners.

      http://forums.delphiforums.com/unitymotion/start

      There seems to be a newer model known as the Integra IT910S. This
      model does both BUD and OTA. I think the Unity unit only does BUD.
      Does anybody here use the Integra unit for their OTA?

      Mark - Fremont
      DSR-922
      HDD-201
      SR-HD5
      AVR-3802
      DVP-NS700P
      WS-55809
    • R8der
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2002
        The Unity Motion has been an excellent addition. I need to still figure a
        few things out, but so far I'm very impressed.

        I can get the East and West coast feeds of NBC HD broadcasts, HD PBS
        National feed, which is usually just the loop (although there is no
        muticasting via the feed), and according to the forum I will be able to get
        East and West coast feeds of ABC (please don't tell Larry) if I can figure
        out how to properly slave the UM to my 4DTV (going to work on that today).
        I really don't need to get ABC since I get that so well from Sac, but
        getting NBC is a HUGE plus since I can't get them very well from either KNTV
        or KCRA.

        The UM unit has OTA reception capabilities, but I haven't tried it out
        because I run all my OTA through the Hipix for recording purposes.

        Just for the perfect reception of NBC alone, this thing is worth it. I've
        watched Leno a few times now, as well as the Olympics closing ceremonies,
        and I didn't get a single dropout. What a difference from OTA reception.

        I am having one small glitch however (it's always something). I'm getting
        some strange red dot artifacting in the darkest scenes. Nobody else has
        seen this in the UM forum, so it's got to be either my set or my equipment.

        If you have C-band already, I highly suggest you pick one of these units up.