Re: INHD is on! woohoo!

  • Son Pham
    Message 1 of 42 , Oct 2, 2003
      Thanks for the previous information... on this note, I thought it
      was Comcast's policy that the HD channel would be included if you
      had a subscription to the non-HD channel. I suppose it's early to
      speculate on policy since there are only a few non-broadcast HD
      channels out there. Also, does anyone have a link (or a pdf) of
      Comcast's price tiers and corresponding channel line-ups for the
      Peninsula? I only found an analog and digital breakdown on the
      Comcasts site.

      Son

      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Kast" <chris.kast@d...>
      wrote:
      > I agree. I'm sure at some point Comcast will condense all/most of
      their
      > cable-based HD channels into a single HD package...similar to what
      > satellite companies are doing. Keep in mind though...there are
      rumors
      > that Comcast will be adding more HD channels this month (HDNet,
      > Discovery) and I'm sure they will fall into the same realm as the
      INHD
      > channels.
      >

      > --
      >
      > Chris K.
      >

      > _____

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=256694.4002236.5216697.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1
      705

      017563:HM/A=1784493/R=0/id=noscript/SIG=11q7p9e7k/*http:/webevents.ya
      hoo
      > .com/universal/intolerablecruelty/>
      >

      > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
      M=256694.4002236.5216697.1261774/D=egrou
      > pmail/S=:HM/A=1784493/rand=886275640>

      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
    • Steve
      Message 42 of 42 , Oct 2, 2003
        Comcast has some nice cards the installers are handing
        out that break out the tiers (although they fall
        behind as new channels come on). Short of scheduling
        an install, you might visit your local payment office
        there are a bunch of them you can see when you
        localize the website and there may be one really
        close. I looked for a pdf earlier but didnt find one.

        and you are right, at least so far they are keeping
        with the policy of providing the HD version of a
        channel for free (and not having a separate HD tier).
        Since InHD doesnt have a peer SD channel they chose to
        through it into the lowest digital tier (for no
        additional cost). Hopefully they will throw in more
        new HD only channels into that (such as HDNet, but I
        think HDnet coming to comcast is only an
        unsubstantiated rumor)

        http://shopping.yahoo.com