RE: [HDTV-in-SFbay] Re: INHD is on! woohoo!

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 42 , Oct 2, 2003
      Yes, from all indications it is being packaged with
      "Digital Classic". By itself Digital Classic (about
      20-25 digital channels) is ~$9.95. Son, you will need
      to add that on top of the "Standard Cable" Package
      that you are subscribing to currently for an
      additional $9.95

      Standard Cable = $15 Basic (~ch2-30) + $24 Expanded
      Basic (~ch 30-75) = All the Analog channels.

      You can add the $9.95 Digital classic on top of just
      basic cable if you want (but you don't get 30-75
      then).

      Also consider the $5 HDTV fee as only a rental fee
      for the HDTV Compatible box, it doenst give you any
      HDTV channels for that $5, you have to be subscribed
      to the appropiate Channel packages to get the
      appropiate HD Channels.

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=256694.4002236.5216697.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705

      017563:HM/A=1784493/R=0/id=noscript/SIG=11q7p9e7k/*http:/webevents.yahoo

      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=256694.4002236.5216697.1261774/D=egrou
      > pmail/S=:HM/A=1784493/rand=773220036>

      > Terms of Service
      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • Steve
      Message 42 of 42 , Oct 2, 2003
        Comcast has some nice cards the installers are handing
        out that break out the tiers (although they fall
        behind as new channels come on). Short of scheduling
        an install, you might visit your local payment office
        there are a bunch of them you can see when you
        localize the website and there may be one really
        close. I looked for a pdf earlier but didnt find one.

        and you are right, at least so far they are keeping
        with the policy of providing the HD version of a
        channel for free (and not having a separate HD tier).
        Since InHD doesnt have a peer SD channel they chose to
        through it into the lowest digital tier (for no
        additional cost). Hopefully they will throw in more
        new HD only channels into that (such as HDNet, but I
        think HDnet coming to comcast is only an
        unsubstantiated rumor)

        http://shopping.yahoo.com