Re: INHD is on! woohoo!

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 42 , Oct 1, 2003
      --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <alpertl@y...> wrote:
      > --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, hyy55 <hyy55@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- Steve <macsquid@y...> wrote:
      > > > Alvin,
      > > >
      > > > Changing packages now will not cause the InHD
      > > > channels
      > > > to appear...you will need to wait until you see them
      > > > in the guide (and can tune to 195/196 and see not
      > > > authorized).
      > > >
      > > > Nothing here in Saratoga either (we share the same
      > > > system as Milpitas). Hopefully it wont be long
      > > > since
      > > > they recently switched ESPNHD to 193 as part of the
      > > > preparation for putting up InHD channels
      > > >

      > > Here is Cupertino, I see the channels in the guide and
      > > I get Not Authorized.
      > >
      > > I am on a trial of Digital Plus.
      >
      > You will need to call them. I was not authorized, and I have the
      > platinum package. I called a couple of times, as box re-
      > authorization was not giving access.
      >
      > I finally got a smart tech on the line. She pulled off my platinum
      > package, added in the INHD stations, and then added back in my
      > package.
      >
      > There is something wrong with the automated authorization of these
      > stations, which is why no one is getting them with automated box
      > resets that are sent out. I would hope they have it fixed by
      now....

      I was asked to expand on this a little via private email to my yahoo
      account, but the reply bounced, so I will post the reply here...

      >Please explain further....I am in Burlingame and on an old AT&T
      > Gold
      > package. InHD and InHD2 show up on channels 194 and 195 as "not
      > authorized". What do I need to do to get them "authorized".
      >
      > Also, somewhat OT...what is the Comcast package I will need to get
      > receive at least ESPN - HBO - Fox Sportsworld (as well as InHD and
      > InHD2)?

      From my experiences, what happened was that when the customer service
      rep did a box reauthorization (the box will reboot) access to INHD
      was still not authorized. She then proceeded to remove my complete
      premium package from my service, which left me with basic digital
      service. She then did a box reauthorization for the INHD channels,
      which gave me access to them. She then put my premium package back
      on my line.

      It took about 5 minutes.

      If you have HD service (pay the extra $5 a mo. for the box), you
      should have INHD, INHD2, CBS, ABC, KQED. Subscribing to any package
      that includes either/both Showtime or HBO will automatically give you
      the corresponding HD channel if you already have the HD box.
    • Steve
      Message 42 of 42 , Oct 2, 2003
        Comcast has some nice cards the installers are handing
        out that break out the tiers (although they fall
        behind as new channels come on). Short of scheduling
        an install, you might visit your local payment office
        there are a bunch of them you can see when you
        localize the website and there may be one really
        close. I looked for a pdf earlier but didnt find one.

        and you are right, at least so far they are keeping
        with the policy of providing the HD version of a
        channel for free (and not having a separate HD tier).
        Since InHD doesnt have a peer SD channel they chose to
        through it into the lowest digital tier (for no
        additional cost). Hopefully they will throw in more
        new HD only channels into that (such as HDNet, but I
        think HDnet coming to comcast is only an
        unsubstantiated rumor)

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=256694.4002236.5216697.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1

        017563:HM/A=1784493/R=0/id=noscript/SIG=11q7p9e7k/*http:/webevents.ya

        http://shopping.yahoo.com