KQED 9-1 off the air?

  • welbybarentsen
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4, 2003
      I get a good signal number but no pic or sound on KQED ch 9-1. 9-2 and 9-3 are
      fine. I really hope to
      see the Lost in
      Grand Canyon show at 10 PM to see the first broadcast of closed
      caption HD but
      can find no information about whether they are having problems with
      broadcasting
      on 9-1. Anybody know anything about it?
    • Jon Johnsen
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2003
        At 11:39 PM 8/4/2003 +0000, you wrote:
        I get a good signal number but no pic or sound on KQED ch 9-1. 9-2 and 9-3 are
        fine.  I really hope to
        see the Lost in
        Grand Canyon show at 10 PM to see the first broadcast of closed
        caption HD but
        can find no information about whether they are having problems with
        broadcasting
        on 9-1.  Anybody know anything about it?

        Until 8pm each day, KQED broadcasts 4 SD signals on 9-2 through 9-5. AT 8pm, it shifts to 9-1 in HDTV and 9-2 in SDTV.

        Jon Johnsen
        JJohnsen@...
        Richmond, CA

      • welbybarentsen
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2003
          --- In HDTV-in-SFbay@yahoogroups.com, Jon Johnsen <JJohnsen@S...> wrote:
          > At 11:39 PM 8/4/2003 +0000, you wrote:
          > >I get a good signal number but no pic or sound on KQED ch 9-1. 9-2 and 9-3
          > >are
          > >fine. I really hope to
          > >see the Lost in
          > >Grand Canyon show at 10 PM to see the first broadcast of closed
          > >caption HD but
          > >can find no information about whether they are having problems with
          > >broadcasting
          > >on 9-1. Anybody know anything about it?
          >
          > Until 8pm each day, KQED broadcasts 4 SD signals on 9-2 through 9-5. AT
          > 8pm, it shifts to 9-1 in HDTV and 9-2 in SDTV.
          >

          > Jon Johnsen
          > JJohnsen@S...
          > Richmond, CA

          Thank you so very much for you prompt reply. I didn't know that. These forums
          are wonderful, the best things on the internet.
        • Jeff Kirk
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2003
            Anyone know what happened to the broadcast of Lost in the Grand Canyon
            on KQED tonight? I sat through the end of History Detectives and then
            was treated to the standard HD loop, complete with crummy macroblocking
            and audio dropouts galore. Anyone have any ideas?

            Jeff Kirk
          • Joe Huber
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 5, 2003
              I don't know what happen but the National feed on Satellite was an hour
              earlier that KQED. I watched about 15 20 minutes of the Grand Canyon
              starting at 9pm. The picture look soft. Especially, compared to the
              football game.

              Anyone know what happened to the broadcast of Lost in the Grand Canyon
              on KQED tonight? I sat through the end of History Detectives and then
              was treated to the standard HD loop, complete with crummy macroblocking
              and audio dropouts galore. Anyone have any ideas?

              Jeff Kirk

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • Crazy One
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 5, 2003
                This is exactly the reason why I think it sucks that
                they retire the HD loop, if KQED screw up somewhere,
                no HD program for us. With HD loop, I can just catch
                it 3 hrs before the actual show time.

                Not to mention that there's no more Chef A fields and
                Tracks ahead.

                Alan.

                http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com