Another HDTV newbie.....

  • Mark Del Secco
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2001
      Andy invited me to join the group!

      I'm located in Morgan Hill, and just starting out.
      I've got a 2001 Mits WS65857 and Tosh Pro 6200 DVD,
      with the audio going through my home stereo component
      sound-surround system. This week I will be adding HD
      with a DISH6000 system and OTA antenna for the local
      San Francisco HD feeds.

      I see that one of my good buddies, R8der(Chris) who has
      already been helping me out is here. I'm sure I'll have
      lots of questions, and look forward to sharing info and
      getting advice from you pros in the Bay Area!
    • R8der
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2001
        Mark Del Secco wrote:

        > Andy invited me to join the group!
        >
        > I'm located in Morgan Hill, and just starting out.
        > I've got a 2001 Mits WS65857 and Tosh Pro 6200 DVD,
        > with the audio going through my home stereo component
        > sound-surround system. This week I will be adding HD
        > with a DISH6000 system and OTA antenna for the local
        > San Francisco HD feeds.
        >
        > I see that one of my good buddies, R8der(Chris) who has
        > already been helping me out is here. I'm sure I'll have
        > lots of questions, and look forward to sharing info and
        > getting advice from you pros in the Bay Area!

        Alright Mark....welcome! I certainly hope the OTA antenna works for
        you. Chuck Bernard tried the same antenna I have (Channel Master 7'
        parascope) and he couldn't pull in anything from his location...but I
        believe he's further south than you are. If you need to get that 7'
        parascope antenna, he said he returned it to a store in San Jose....I
        can find out for you which store. Good luck!

        Chris